Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Little Help Please!

For a few years now, I have had this ongoing joke with my friends that I am going to write a self-help book. When you open it up, it would consist of one page. That page would read:
 
Go Help Yourself!



Truth be known, I am not a hater of the self-help book. It is just a matter of finding the right one for you through the mounds of rubbish that people or shall I dare say, experts publish daily.

Some of these books offer advice from a religious standpoint, while others from a medical one. Some have been around since Before Common Era, while others are written by a “life coach”. The truth of the matter is that you need to find an author that you really connect with. Personally, I like reading quotes for a little pick me up. Short & Sweet Saves the Day!

There are however, two books I hold to high regard when looking for “help” (or what I like to call guidance)… and aren’t we all! Oddly enough, neither of them were written by experts, just people who loved to write and decided to pursue a literary career.

 
 

The Joy of Doing Things Badly: A Girl’s Guide to Life, Love and Foolish Bravery by Veronica Chambers  



 
The Prophet, by Khalil Gibran - a series of philosophical essays written in English prose. 


 I'm all for a little written advice here & there...

Hope I could be of help!


No comments:

Post a Comment