Lately I have been overdosing on apples pie, butternut squash soup & pumpkin butter. So for my dinner party the other night, I decided to take my blueberries from last summer out of the freezer and whip up a quick n' easy blueberry crisp.
Now just because you didn't freeze your blueberries last summer, doesn't mean you have to miss out. Like almost anything, you can find them in your local markets freezer section.
For my 10" x 10" round baking dish, the recipe requires the following:
- 1/2 a cup of all purpose flour. I always use King Arthur
- 1/2 a cup of brown sugar. Make sure you pack the cup!
- 1/2 a cup of quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 stick of butter. Room temperature.
- 2 tablespoon of corn starch. Don't have any in the pantry? Use 4 tablespoons of flour
- 4 cups of blueberries. Fresh or frozen
- 1/2 a cup of brown sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Start with the filling -
- In a mixing bowl, combine the corn starch & brown sugar. Once well blended...
- Mix in the blueberries &
- Pour them into your baking dish.
- Put the dish in the microwave for approximately 3 minutes, then stir. This will help the cornstarch/sugar mixture to stick to the blueberries.
- Set aside...
Now make the topping -
- Cut the butter into several pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar & rolled oats. Once well blended...
- Add the butter & rub the mixture together with your fingers until it is nice & crumbly. Then...
- Spread evenly on top of the blueberry filling.
Pop your crisp in the oven for about 40 minutes OR until the blueberries are bubbling and the top is nice & brown.
Visit me tomorrow for ART- Investing vs. Aesthetically Pleasing (it's going to be a good one)!